The main purpose of the organization is to serve both an urban and rural development and capacity building initiative both in Kenya and on the African Continent in the following areas:
- Income generating programmes for both women and youth.
- Capacity building through training
- A revolving fund to enhance small scale farmers and business persons activities
- Environment conservation and upgrading
- Governance and human rights.
- Link members to external markets
- Arts and Education
- Improvement of Information Technology
- Water Projects for the purposes of irrigation
- Water and Sanitation
- Collaborate with well-wishers to support projects
- Improvement of health conditions
- General social / economic development including agriculture, small business entrepreneurs and capacity building
- Skills Development
The focus of WAYAD will be on areas such health, knowledge enhancement, educational advancement, training and skill development, educate, establishment of a revolving fund, capacity building to improve on oneself and enhance employment opportunities, individual and group advancement